Benefits of Swedish Massage
Swedish massage is a type of massage therapy that is based on the Western concepts of anatomy and physiology. It is a classic massage technique that involves light to medium pressure, long strokes, and circular movements. The therapist typically uses massage oil to reduce friction on the skin.
The main goal of Swedish massage is to relax the body and promote overall well-being. It can help reduce tension, improve circulation, and reduce stress. It can also help reduce pain from muscle tension and spasms and improve joint mobility and flexibility.
Swedish massage is generally performed using five basic strokes.
- The first stroke is called effleurage, which is a long, gliding stroke that is used to warm up the body and relax the muscles.
- The second stroke is called petrissage, which is a kneading motion that is used to increase circulation and loosen tight muscles.
- The third stroke is called tapotement, which is a tapping motion that is used to help break down muscle knots and stimulate circulation.
- The fourth stroke is called friction, which is a deep, circular motion that is used to break down scar tissue and improve flexibility.
- The fifth stroke is called vibration, which is a shaking motion that is used to relax the muscles and stimulate circulation.
Put Your Body in Good Hands
Make an appointment today and start experiencing the benefits of massage therapy.
New to Abundant Health? Click here for a special introductory offer!
We are so glad we found this place on google. The staff is friendly, the place is clean and cozy. We had couples massage and both therapists were amazing and very knowledgeable. Jean is the absolute best massage therapist I’ve ever had. I would highly recommend everyone who is looking for therapeutic massage to Abundant Health.
If you are looking for a massage and don’t know where to start, whether you’ve been getting them for years or are new to the experience, Abundant Health is the place to be. Regardless of the level you’re looking for, this is where you should get your massage. A+ Thank you!!
Wonderful, professional, caring staff. Will definitely come back again.
Daniel is wonderful. Very attentive to my needs. Superior pressure throughout the massage.
I was experiencing terrible neck pain and could barely move. Sharon went above and beyond to fit me in on short notice and took such good care of me. I have mobility back and could not be more appreciative!